When you bake a pie, you need to allow the steam to escape so that the pastry doesn’t get soggy. One way to do this is to use a ceramic pie bird, which has a hole in its beak to allow the steam to escape during cooking.
CREATING | COLLECTING + CURATING GREAT FOOD
- Tortellini and Vegetable Soup
- Tips for making a perfect meat loaf
- How to remove lumps from a sauce
- Mozzarella di Bufula Campana
- Bruschetta with Feta with Roast Asparagus
- What is organic food?
- Tortillas with Chicken, Coriander, Chilli and Lime
- RATIO RECIPE: Meatballs or meatloaf mixture
- How to make the best French madeleines
- Cheat’s Lemon Curd Tartlets
- How to make dried lemon zest
- Dry-cure the Perfect Fish