If ever there was a salad that is ideally suited to Summer this potato salad made with new potatoes is it! Once the potatoes soak up the buttermilk dressing they can be eaten on their own or served as a side dish with a simple fried lamb or pork chop.
12 new potatoes, scrubbed but skin left on
For the Buttermilk Dressing
300ml creme fraiche
1 tablespoon mustard
10 leaves fresh mint
1-2 teaspoons chilli oil to taste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the new potatoes in lots of boiling water at a lively simmer over medium heat until fork-soft. Drain and leave to sit for a few minutes with a piece of paper towel on top of them.
- Whizz all the ingredients for the dressing together in a blender or nutribullet. Season the dressing with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss the warm potatoes with a few spoons of dressing, adding more as required. Leave the potatoes to soak up the dressing and chill any leftover dressing in a seal jar in the fridge for later use.
– Omit the chilli oil and use a chopped red or green chilli instead or omit it altogether.
– The longer you leave the potato salad, the more dressing the potatoes soak up.
– Use yogurt or milk kefir instead of buttermilk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES AND FOOD FEATURES
How to stop potatoes splitting when you boil them
How to make crème fraîche at home and save money
How to wilt spinach
How to choose wine glasses
How to bake a potato
Warm Mediterranean Potato salad
Roast tomatoes with Thyme and Sea Salt
Maché salad with grapefruit and pomegranate
Spinach and almond soup
Beetroot and Balsamic Salad
Moorish Orange Olives
Potato Gratin with Comté
Spinach Soup with Mint and Chilli
Food photography copyright foodpixies.com