A crunchy red cabbage and spring onion salad flavoured with a dressing made from orange juice and zest and lemon juice instead of mayonnaise so it’s perfect for vegans.
300g red cabbage, shredded finely
3 spring onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill (or use fresh basil)
Juice and zest of 1 orange
Juice of 1/2 lemon
50g golden sultanas (optional)
10 walnuts or a small handful of pistachios, crushed (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix the ingredients together only adding enough lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
– Use white cabbage instead of red cabbage.
– Add grated or shredded carrots – you’ll need 1-2 medium carrots for this recipe depending on how orange you want it to be!
– Add in mixed leaves to make it more substantial.
– Why not serve this salad with our hummous or Baba Ghanoush (Aubergine dip)?
MORE RECIPES AND HOW TO COOK FEATURES
Potato and Asparagus Salad (Vegan-friendly)
Aubergine Antipasti – Melanzane Grigliata
Sesame and Soy Sauce Spinach Salad
How to cook Kohlrabi
Middle-Eastern Carrot, Orange and Cumin Salad
Carrots à la Francaise
Moorish Orange Olives
Broad Beans with Lettuce, Shallots and Mint
How to Make a Classic Vinaigrette
Balsamic Roast Garlic with Thyme
Carrot and Orange Soup
A Quick Sophisticated Strawberry and Vanilla Gratin
How to Bake Quince
Diana Henry: Pink Grapefruit and Basil Ice Cream