‘Pasta con i broccoli’ is a simple dish which can be adapted to make lots of different dishes.
1/2 head of broccoli florets
Dried Chilli flakes
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped finely
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and Pepper
3 tablespoons Parmesan (freshly grated)
20g pine nuts
1. Put the spaghetti on to cook in lots of boiling, salted water. (Follow the pack for instructions on how long you need to cook it for – it will depend on the type of pasta and how many people you are cooking for.)
2. Cook the broccoli in another saucepan of boiling water or cook it in the microwave or in a steamer. Drain.
3. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until they are lightly browned.
4. Heat the oil and fry the chilli flakes and garlic gently without browning the garlic. Add the brocolli, salt and pepper and stir well. Cook for a minute to two to reheat the broccoli.
5. Drain the pasta and put it in a warmed large dish, add the broccoli, chilli and garlic and the oil, toss in the pine nuts and the parmesan and mix well until every strand or piece of pasta is coated. Check the seasoning and add a little more salt and pepper if it needs it.