A classic Italian dessert and an alternative to a richer Christmas pudding at Christmas dinner.
4 oranges, peeled and cut into slices
4 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
For the sauce
100ml sour cream
Pinch of grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of honey
1. Soak the oranges slices in the Grand Marnier and chill in the fridge.
2. Combine the sour cream, nutmeg, vanilla and honey.
3. Serve the chilled orange slices in individual dishes with a jug of sour cream topping.
– Use any orange liqueur, Cointreau for example or an aniseed drink like Pernod or Greek Ouzo.
– A nut liqueur works well too especially if you serve the oranges with our home-made Cantuccini.
– Serve these oranges with our French crepes.
Recipe image copyright foodpixies.com