All you need is a meringue case from the supermarket, a punnet of cherries, a tub of ready-whipped cream and a splash of Baileys Cream to make an impressive but simple dinner-party dessert in minutes. Make the dessert just before serving or the meringue will become soft.
300ml whipped cream
1 tablespoon Baileys Cream
1 meringue case
1 punnet of cherries
Icing sugar (optional)
1. Remove the meringue case from the packaging carefully, making sure not to damage it. Have a serving plate ready.
2. Stir the ready-whipped cream and Baileys together in a bowl.
3. Spread the Baileys cream on the meringue case and place the cherries on top. Dust with icing sugar if you wish.
– You can obviously whip single or double cream instead of buying whipped cream.
– When you buy a meringue case make sure it isn’t broken and carry it home in a separate plastic bag so it doesn’t get crushed.
– Use any liqueur instead of Baileys Cream
TIP: Did you know that Baileys Cream only lasts 6 months so drink it all before then so it doesn’t go to waste.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES AND FOOD FEATURES
French Toast with Apricots
Cheat’s Lemon Tarts
5 ways to use fresh cherries
French Prune Tart or Far Breton
Espresso and Walnut Cake with Coffee Buttercream
Roulade with Strawberry and Cassis
How to compose a cheese board
How to use up leftover liqueurs in cooking
Photograph copyright foodpixies.com