Buy a round of Camembert in a box and it comes with its own ready-made cooking vessel.
1 round of Camembert, in a wooden box
2 tablespoons dry white wine or Kirsch
1 twig of fresh rosemary
1. Remove the lid from the Camembert box, leaving the cheese inside the box.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
3. Place the Camembert box on a baking tray. Use a fork to pierce the cheese about six times. Spoon over the white wine or Kirsch and let it drizzle into the cheese. Cut the rosemary into small sprigs and poke them into the cheese.
4. Bake the cheese for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is soft and runny but still holding its shape. Remove from the oven carefully and serve immediately with grissini or toasted baguette for dipping.
– Plunge a halved garlic clove into the Camembert before baking.
– Replace the Camembert with Epoisse, Brie or Vacherin or any other wooden-boxed runny cheese.